Bharat CA Inter Taxation (Direct Tax) Jassprit S Johar
This book makes a fresh and novel approach to study of Taxation keeping in view the requirement of students preparing for CA, CS, CMA, BBA, and MBA & B.Com. It has been ensured that this book gives the student what is required to study and not what he wants to study
This edition of the book has several unique features, to name a few:
- Thoroughly revised edition upto 30/4/2019 and has been made reader friendly.
- The edition of Income Tax is relevant for Assessment Year 2019-2020 and edition of GST is relevant for Financial Year 2018-2019 which is relevant for students who will be appearing in CA, CS, and CMA examination in the year 2019.
- List of all sections relevant to a chapter is given at the start of the chapter.
- Summary of each chapter is given at the end of the chapter. This will help the student to recapitulate the chapter at the time of revision in examination days.
- Many practical examples have been solved at relevant places to help the understanding of the topics
- As per latest guidelines of ICAI students will be examined on MCQs from November 2019 exams and on wards. Keeping this in mind more than 1,350 MCQs have been provided after end of every chapter with answers for the self assessment of students
- Introduction, Basic Concepts and Definitions under Income Tax Act, 1961 MCQ ‘ from Introduction and Definitions
- Residential Status & Tax Incidence MCQ
- Concept & Calculation of Income Tax MCQ
- Agricultural Income & Its Tax Treatment MCQ
- Income under the Head Salary MCQ
- Income under Head House Property MCQ
- Income under the Head ‘Profits and Gains from Business and Profession (PGBP) MCQ of PGBP
- Income under the Head ‘Capital Gains MCQ on Capital Gains
- Income under the Head ‘Other Sources MCQ
- Clubbing of Incomes MCQ
- Set Off of Losses and Carry Forward of Losses MCQs of the Chapter of Treatment of Losses
- Deductions from Gross Total Income (Chapter VIA of Income Tax Act, 1961) MCQs from Chapter of Deductions
- Incomes which are Exempt from Income Tax MCQs of Exempted Incomes
- Procedure of Filing of Income Tax Returns MCQs of Income Tax Return
- Tax Deducted at Source MCQs on TDS
- Advance Payment of Tax and Interest Payable by Assessee MCQs on Advance Payment of Tax
- Assessment of Individuals
About the Author
CA J S Johar is fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India having qualified in May 2004. He has had a bright academic career and has completed his graduation from Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University in 1999.